This project is read-only.

QueryObjectBase and a IQueryObjectBase interface

Dec 2, 2008 at 10:01 PM
Hi, It is possible to change the QueryObjectBase class to be an interface and then have an abstract class that implement it and a QueryObjectBaseDefault a class that just derive from it with out any changes?

I have my objects that already derive from a class and I can not change that, but I can add an interface and then implement each method of the interface calling the internal QueryObjectBaseDefault object.
Also my objects have an internal way to identify the columns and I will like to not use attributes for that.
If it is possible I will like to override the FillBucket method because I don't want to use attributes, if bucket also implement interfaces an the bucket item too, then the overriding will be much easier.
thanks.
Dec 3, 2008 at 5:46 PM
Edited Dec 3, 2008 at 5:50 PM
I can convert it to IQueryObject but why you dont need attributes If you dont use them then by default it will take property names as BucketItem.Name. There are few attributes which are for modifying the behavior of the class and nothing else.  Of course there is one property that must be put on top of  one of the property that will be the unique item for your object so that any update to that object is tracked and backed to repository when you do db.submitChanges();

Hope that helps,
Dec 3, 2008 at 5:46 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.